Saturday, November 3, 2007

Wisdom from Elizabeth

A few weeks ago the kids and I went to the store. It was one of those windy days that make me sorry I live here. As we walked across the parking lot, the wind whipping our hair into our faces and blowing dust into our eyes, I said, "Oh, I just hate this wind!" Elizabeth, unusually quick on the draw, said, "You said you'd rather have wind than bedbugs!" Yes, my daughter with the steel trap for a memory reminded me how very fickle I am, and that in ALL things, I'm to give thanks. Thank you, Lord, for the wind.

Last Sunday we came home from church and began preparing lunch. We called out to Paul who was in the bedroom, "What do you want for lunch?" "I just want the challah bread from last night." We then heard Elizabeth say, "Jesus said, 'Man does not live on bread alone, Paul.' " --Mel

No comments: