Saturday, July 30, 2011

Character

My sister and I have been discussing customer service lately. She works in retail and is just as appalled as I am at what is deemed as "customer service" these days. In fact, recently, I tried to make a purchase at a local business and ended up leaving the product there and vowing to myself that I would never frequent that establishment again. The woman with whom I interacted treated me as though it was a privilege for me to be a customer there.

On the flip side of the same coin is what constitutes a good employee. I read this blog entry this morning, written by a homeschool dad who owns his own construction business. He gives a very clear picture of what he wants in an employee. I couldn't agree with Mr. Boyer more. He's right, character matters and as a parent, outside of pointing my children to Jesus Christ, there is nothing more important for me to be diligently teaching my children. (This was a good reminder to me and very apropos, as Matt and I will be planning our homeschooling year today.)

No comments: