Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Texas Bound

My Matthew is taking me to Texas tomorrow.  Yep, the girl who has hardly left her home state her entire life will be going to Texas for the second time this year.  We'll be attending a conference called The Reformation of Food and Family put on by Vision Forum Ministries.
Matt bought tickets to this event way back at the end of December and then gave them to me for my birthday in January.  I was floored.   Matt got an early bird discount and "golden tickets" which will give us some sort of VIP treatment while we're there.
Matt's parents will stay with the kids at our house while we're gone.  Yep, I know, I'm spoiled.  I've been scurrying around planning menus and activities, cleaning and shopping.  I guess I really need to tackle my packing today.  I'd also like to carve out some time to paint my toenails--after I debone the 60 chicken breasts I bought on a good sale yesterday. Yes, I'm also crazy.
I'm not a fan of hot weather, especially hot, humid weather, but I was excited to check my i Phone's weather page for San Antonio and see cloudy skies and thunder storms predicted for this week.  Cool!  I love a good thunder storm.



And as if that weren't enough, my Uncle Keith and Aunt Leanna will be joining us for this trip!  When Uncle Keith heard about what Matt and I were doing, he decided he didn't want to miss out on the fun, so he made reservations a few weeks ago to attend the conference with us.  Who cares about farm work when you have the opportunity to go on a trip with your wonderful niece and her husband, right?  If you weren't convinced before, I am spoiled.
My mommy heart is finding it difficult to leave all our wee ones.  We have lots of prayer covering this trip and we're  leaving our kids in very competent and loving hands.  Jude thinks we should only be gone one day (we'll be gone four).  Joel thinks he should go with us.  I mean, duh, there's cowboys in Texas.  He belongs there.
(Doug Phillips, president of Vision Forum, wrote this yesterday & I thought it articulated well the need for a conference on food.)

No comments: