Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

Last night we shared our annual Pilgrim Feast with some friends.  We pretended we were on the Mayflower while Matt read portions of Of Plymouth Plantation by candlelight. While he read, we snacked on dried beef and hard tack (salami and soda crackers).  We then ate our usual chowder for dinner, except this year I didn't have any fish, so I added corn instead.

This morning we went to church.  It was so good to take a break from the hustle and bustle and praise God for His goodness.  Tonight, we'll have dinner with Matt's family, 35 in all.

I know for me, this year Thanksgiving is especially meaningful.  God has given me the oil of joy for mourning.  My cup runneth over, surely the lines for me have fallen in pleasant places.  Praise be His Holy Name!

No comments: