Sunday, March 23, 2014

Belated Birthday Post

My day started off a bit rocky, but got better as it went along.  I had been up with a sick and teething Joseph several times in the night and I think it affected my attitude a bit.  I've never been very good with sleep deprivation.

Anyway, Matt surprised me with a lunch date.  After lunch, Matt presented me with my present--a new key fob for my car.  When we bought the car a little over a year ago, the previous owner told us that it didn't work.  Batteries were not the problem, the key fob needed to be replaced, but they want money for those little buggers.  I told Matt I'd do without one.  For the past eighteen months, it's been like a throwback to high school when I drove an old Ford Custom, except for the fact that I didn't have to enter the car from the passenger side because the driver's door handle was broken.  Woohoo!  Now my car door (and trunk!) opens with the touch of a button.  Some retraining of my brain was required.

Late in the afternoon of my birthday,  I got to go on a walk with a friend.  When I returned home, the girls were making all the fixings for snacky movie night.  I had ordered Duck Dynasty Season 4 to celebrate. All my people thought that was great.  It was nice to have a bit of funniness to break up my January doldrums.
My parents, sister and new brother-in-law came to our house for dinner one Saturday that month.  We celebrated all of the January birthdays (Elizabeth's, Lydia's and mine).  Grace made spaghetti and meatballs and some of her delectable French bread.  It was a fantastic dinner--good food and good company.  The chocolate salted caramel cake that Elizabeth made was the topper.  Yummy, yummy, yummy--another use for Maldon sea salt.  The cake was so good that she made it again when we celebrated my parents' birthdays a few weeks ago.

No comments: