Tuesday, September 9, 2014

It's Not About Me

This summer has been nuts.  Crazy.  Here it is September and I feel like I never really got a summer.  Change is afoot.  The big kids are busying themselves with more adult endeavors.  I'm suddenly the mom of all littles again.  It was quite unexpected.  I told Matt that I wished someone had said to me, "Melissa, your life is about to change drastically."  He was silent for a minute.  Then he said, "Melissa, your life is about to change drastically."

 Uncertainty looms on the horizon on several fronts and frankly, I don't like it.  I've never had an adventurous spirit.  I prefer a quiet, predictable life.  But the Lord doesn't guarantee such things.  He only promises to be with us whatever befalls us.

He broke through my bleakness a few mornings ago and I realized once again, it's not about me.  It's about Him. So I wrote a note and taped it to my mirror to remind me of this truth.  I needn't worry about the future, sufficient to the day is the evil thereof.

                                        Soli Deo Gloria means, "Glory to God alone."

No comments: