Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Lent Begins

Today is Ash Wednesday.  I think I'm looking forward to the season of Lent this year more than I ever have.  With all the chaos that swirls around me, I need time.  Time to walk with Jesus to the cross.  Time to be quiet before my Lord.

I've been following the blog of a Missouri Synod Lutheran woman, Edie Wadsworth.  Her explanations of the church year have touched my heart. Here is a post she wrote about Lent a couple of years ago.

I visited a friend the other day who lost her husband very suddenly less than two weeks ago. She and I were talking through tears about how much we love Jesus, the hope we have in Him and about how we'd literally be lost without Him.  We both agreed that Heaven must be a glorious place this time of year, the time of year when Jesus won His victory over death and rose again.  This world is not my home.

 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. 1 Cor. 13:12

No comments: