Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Another Lydiaism

. . . and a bonus--a Joelism . . .

Today, per my usual routine, I announced it was quiet time around 1:45 p.m. Lydia and Joel have been bugging me the last few days to have quiet time together. I keep saying, "no." Today Lydia asked, "Mommy, can Joel and I have quiet time together? We want to do Bible study together." That girl, she's a clever one.

Then Joel, not missing a beat, leaned into Lydia, gave her a big hug and said, "I love Lydia, Mommy."

I laughed. Then I caved. I told them they could lay down together with their blankets on my bedroom floor IF they were very quiet--NO WORDS.

This seasoned mom should have known better. Whisper, whisper, whisper. When we got up from quiet time I told them both that they would not be having quiet time together again. Lydia said, "I know Mom, we just wanted to try it one time." Oh, she's good.

No comments: