Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lydiaism

Paul's birthday was a couple of months ago. The morning of his birthday I heard the girls go into the boys' room to give Paul hugs and presents. I heard the rustling of wrapping paper and then I heard Lydia ask, "How do you like the Lutheran Prayer book, Paul?" (Lydia had picked up the booklet of Luther's prayers from the materials table at the back of our church.) Paul, being the kind and caring big brother that he is, replied, "I love it!"

During the past weeks, I have occasionally found a Lutheran Prayer book lying about the house, put it on the bookshelf and haven't thought much more of it. Until this past Sunday. We got home from church and we were busy preparing lunch when I spotted another prayer book on the kitchen table.

I said, "Lydia, you have to stop picking up these Lutheran Prayer books!" Lydia replied, "But, Mom, I like to use them for gifts!" The girl may not have means, but no one can claim she doesn't have ingenuity.

No comments: