Thursday, May 19, 2011

Keeping Our Heads Above Water

. . .Barely.

I had a surprise root canal last week. Fun! (The upside--I'm now able to chew on both sides of my mouth, something I haven't done in almost two months.)

Isaac has his first ear infection. Fun! (The pediatrician and I were holding on to the hope that Isaac wouldn't get any ear infections before his six month birthday, thereby greatly reducing his risk of chronic ear infections. Isaac turns five months in a week. Unfortunately, it looks like he'll be traveling the road that his sister and two brothers took before him. It's the road that ends in ear tubes. Bummer, but maybe Isaac's just playin' with us. Only time will tell).

Grace has started driver's ed at 911 Driving School. Fun! (I was told by the other moms to be prepared to not have a life for five weeks--guess I can't say that I wasn't warned. Besides, am I really old enough to have a driving child? I think not.)

We have end of year homeschool testing tomorrow. Fun! (It's always a bit nerve wracking--for all of us. Never mind the fact that the kids do just fine every year, because this year may just be the year that they're all declared legally stupid.)

We've had a string of unexpected home repairs. Fun! (I just love spending too much money on things that aren't any fun--electrical, sprinklers, kitchen sink faucet--we're just waiting to see what breaks next).

Good thing I've got a baby in the house. Matt says the best cure for my grumpy moods is a "little Isaac medicine." Who could stay grumpy kissing those chubby cheekers?

No comments: