Saturday, June 25, 2011

Flying Solo

I'm flying solo today in the parenting department. And when I say solo, I mean solo. Matt, Grace, Elizabeth and Paul are off a-farmin'. We've got some friends who are trying to get a family run orchard off the ground and they needed some volunteers to help out with their u-pick cherry operation today. So that leaves me back at the homestead with four littles. It's been awhile since I've been the only adult on base and I'm a bit out of practice.

The old tricks are coming are coming back to me, however. Bubbles, Barney--you know, those things that keep kids mesmerized long enough to enable one to quickly start a load of laundry or to throw some dishes in the dishwasher before all you-know-what breaks loose again. Then it's time to blow the ref whistle, redirect the little dears and get back to folding the laundry--all ten loads of it (not sure how we got so behind on that job--after all, outside of cleaning the toilets, it is the favorite household chore around here).

No comments: