Sunday, January 22, 2012

Blessed

Last Sunday was my birthday. I awoke to flowers on the kitchen table and my husband cooking breakfast. Not only did he make breakfast, but he doted on me all day. I felt like a queen. Grace put together a marvelous dinner--a knockoff of my favorite Italian restaurant's food. The bread she made was exceptional. It was a sourdough french bread that rivaled any of the fancy schmancy bread I've ever eaten from high end bakeries.Elizabeth decorated my birthday cake with powdered sugar "snow." She knows how much I like snow, but at that point, our winter here had yet to provide any.Paul engraved my name on a piece of wood with a wood burning tool and then wrapped it all by himself. It's a lovely gift. I have it on the dresser in my bedroom. After I opened it, Joel said, "I really like your name, Mom."We didn't have time to do our traditional family dance to the Beatles, "Birthday" before church, so we got 'er done that evening--times two. Jude did his best John Travolta Saturday Night Fever moves. It was a great ending to a great day.

No comments: