Friday, January 20, 2012

Round Three

Yep, another snow day. Matt said this to me this morning, "Melissa, I hate to inconvenience you, but I'm going to have to report to work . . . . on Monday." Woo hoo!

Paul and Daddy discussed lashing and knotting this morning. Paul wants to be able to haul stuff on his dog sled. He had my kitchen twine and was all set to head outside with it. Mom to the rescue. I'd gotten some brand new marine rope at a yard sale this past summer--30 ft. for $2. Paul is now outside learning the fine art of lashing. Experience is a good teacher.

I may have to venture out today. Paul has an ear infection and I need to get the other half of his prescription (the pharmacy was only able to fill half of the prescribed amount on Monday). There is supposed to be more freezing rain today, so I'm hoping to make the trip before that hits. I'll have to pick up some more milk, too. We're down to our last jug. I'm glad we're not in a state of emergency here. We would have been ill-prepared.

No comments: