Monday, March 26, 2012

Happenings

We've been well occupied around here. In addition to the normal busy schedule, we found time to celebrate my dad's birthday. Chocolate cake and grandkids to help open the presents. My dad was in heaven.Matt took me out for a nice night on the town a week ago Saturday. I had a daily deal voucher that needed to be used, so we cashed it in for two 12 ounce smoked prime rib dinners for a total cost of $20. Can't beat that, plus we both agreed it was the best prime rib we've ever had.

My aunt and uncle came down for a visit. We spent a nice afternoon and evening together. They needed their "big family fix" (as my uncle put it) and we needed a good spoiling, so it worked out well. We also celebrated my father-in-law's retirement with a party fit for the occasion.
Matt went on a business trip to Washington D.C. He was able to visit Arlington National Cemetery again (first time here and here). This time he was able to see his Nana's name engraved on the back of his Grandad's headstone. He also saw Arlington House, which he missed the first time around.


This last Saturday, Matt fulfilled his civic duty as a delegate to the county Republican convention. He won't be heading to the state convention, for which I'm glad (it's a 3 day stint).

The next few weeks will be busy ones for us as we put on our annual Seder meal, attend a couple of family Easter gatherings and I wrap up my Five Aspects of Woman Bible study. Never a dull moment.

No comments: