Sunday, October 21, 2012

Book Worm

Isaac is crazy about books.  He is constantly begging (demanding?) for someone to read to him.  If he were my first baby, I don't think I'd accomplish much else during the day.  However, with lots of readers in the house, the responsibility doesn't rest on just one person's shoulders.  I do enjoy reading to Isaac, probably even more than I did to my older kids, because now I realize just how fleeting the young years are.

Isaac's favorite books are the ones by Richard Scarry, especially the ones featuring Goldbug.  Goldbug hides on every page and the challenge for the reader is to find the tiny little insect.  It took Isaac about two weeks to memorize where Goldbug was on each page of Cars & Trucks & Things That Go.  Here's a video of him finding Goldbug, taken about a month ago, when he was 21 months old.