Sunday, January 5, 2014

Bible Study Start Up

I'm this close to starting up another 5 Aspects of Woman study.  I'm thinking of getting going before the month is out. 
Barbara Mouser, who holds a Master of Arts in Biblical Studies degree from Dallas Theological Seminary, is the author of this study.  It's a scripturally sound study on biblical femininity.  It is a meaty, 23 week course.  The study is not prescriptive, in that it doesn't give specific instructions on how to live as a woman, it simply shows through the lens of scripture that God created woman and how He views her.
This Bible study is a life changer. I've heard it over and over again.  It's been true in my own life as well.  This is stuff I wish I'd known 20 years ago.  In many respects my life would have been easier and I know I would have been more effective for the Lord.  It's so freeing to see God's point of view on the subject of femininity.  And by femininity, I mean the full-orbed kind--courageous, compassionate, dynamic and definitely not wall flowerish.
If anyone who is local would like to participate, let me know.  The cost of the materials is $45.  I'm thinking Thursday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30.  Outside of class, homework will take an additional 1 1/2 to 2 hours per week.



No comments: