Friday, December 27, 2013

Our Christmas with Uncle Si

Uncle Si has been our house guest since Christmas Eve.  Actually, he's been here for 3 months, but he came out from his hiding spot on Christmas Eve, just in time to meet up with his buddies, Willy, Jase and Jep.

Grace made the Robertson brothers get-ups for our three little boys.  I bought Uncle Si tea cups for all of the kids.  I also procured the Uncle Si cardboard cut out, which has been under Elizabeth's bed for the past 3 months.  When I saw the Uncle Si display at our local superstore, I knew I had to have it.  I just had to convince the manager (and the two managers above him) that I had to have it.  They don't give up those things easily, what with copy rights and such to consider.  I bugged (nicely and politely) the manager near the cash registers of the store every time I went there for a month.  

Finally, the head honcho manager (the one that wears a suit and tie) gave me permission to take it.  He was super nice about it.  I told him that he would make my boys' Christmas.  And he did.
Uncle Si was nice enough to give me a new apron, except this time he farmed out the sewing to Grace.  My sister Emily and her new husband gave me an Uncle Si night gown.  What else could a girl want?  Maldon sea salt, perhaps?  Well, I got that, too.  My loving husband gave it to me as he wasn't about to be outdone by Uncle Si.

In the mean time, Uncle Si is learning what it is to live in a house with five boys.  He's been the target of plenty of Nerf gun bullets, which just serves to remind him of his time back in Nam.  That's a fact, Jack. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this! Micah got a Jep beard from Grandma and we all had fun with it!;)