Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A Boy & His Blankie

Joseph loves his blue blankie.  It's actually the blankie Grandma Jane gave Isaac when he was born, but Isaac was never that enamored with it.  We've never had a baby who was attached to a blankie--until now.  Poor Joseph.  In the rush to leave my parents the night our van broke down, we left without his ultra-soft-can't-settle-down-to-sleep-without-it blankie.  He had to suffer through two nights with a sorry blankie substitute.  Grandpa Tom was kind enough to mail the blankie to us.

Joseph was taking a nap when the blankie arrived, so I put it next to him in his crib.  When he awoke, he gave the blankie a thorough inspection.  He had a puzzled look on his face, as though he couldn't believe he was actually in possession of it again.
That night, Joseph got to snuggle with his blankie before bedtime.  He was delighted.  I texted my Dad this picture with the caption, "He's one happy boy!"

Less than ten minutes later, I texted him this picture with the caption, "And . . . he's gone."

This is a picture of Joseph right after his blankie came out of the dryer the other day.

Already Joseph is big enough that he doesn't stand for kisses from his Mama (unless he's sleeping--mamas have their tricks).  I know all too soon he'll outgrow his need for the blue blankie, too.  But right now, my Joseph is still is very little and I'm very glad about that.

P.S.--My mom's surgery went well.  She's home now.  Thanks for the prayers.

No comments: