Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Special Birthday Present

The blank wall in our dining room has needed something on it since we moved here two years ago. I tried putting a big framed print there, but after a couple of months, I took it down. The problem was that whenever someone walked along that wall to get around the dining room table, that person would brush against the picture. The picture was always a bit askew and it really bugged me, so I removed it and hung it somewhere else.

This year for my birthday, I requested a new vinyl letter Bible verse for the wall. We already have a verse on the wall in our living room and I thought it would be nice to have something similar in the dining room. Matt ordered a new verse from Fruitful Vine Creations and put it on the wall for me a few weeks ago. He chose one of his favorite verses, a verse from Deuteronomy about not forgetting God.I've written here before about how we are trying to slowly add artwork to our home that reflects our family's desire to honor Christ. The verse on the dining room wall fits the bill beautifully and it has the added bonus of staying put. No more crooked artwork.

No comments: