Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Marked for Christ

Matt and I want to make certain that everyone who enters our home knows that our family and all that we own belongs to the Lord, all of it has come from His gracious hand. Matt had a huge poster made of a passage from Deuteronomy that he hung on the wall in the living room. We had the poster in that place for about a year, but then we decided to purchase something that looked more permanent.

We bought this verse in vinyl letters from a company called Fruitful Vine Creations. We thought this verse from the Psalms embodied what we want visitors to our home to understand about our family. A picture of the verse on our wall is featured on the blog of the Fruitful Vine Creations website.
It took us over two hours to apply the lettering to the wall, but we are pleased with the result. The verse is the first thing you see as you walk into the house. I'm very aware that when I open my door, the person standing there can clearly see the verse on the wall behind me. My response to that person (no matter how annoyed I may be at the sales pitch for cleaner or another religion) should mirror Christ's love. When I invite a neighbor into my home for a short chat, my behavior and my words should show that I am a Christian, just as the verse on the wall of my living room declares.

Matt and I know that anything good about our lives comes only from the Lord. The Bible verse on our wall is a daily reminder of this truth.

No comments: