Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My Plate is Full

This week our Bible study group is studying the Mistress of the Domain lesson in the 5 Aspects of Woman Bible study. This lesson covers how the Fall caused our domains to rebel against us. That which the Lord gave us to rule and subdue actually fights back to keep from being ruled and subdued.

Toys that multiply in the family room in the middle of the night, dirty socks that magically appear on the kitchen floor every time I turn my back and chicken poo in my house (again!) after I just wiped some up are all small ways that my own domain rebels against me.

On a more serious note, the point was made in the lesson that as women we either wear "busyness" like a badge or we hide behind it like a shield. In our fallen sin nature, we prefer to do what we'd like to do, instead of what the Lord would like us to do and we use our busyness as an excuse to pursue our own interests.

The next couple of weeks are extremely busy ones for our family. We have numerous ministry opportunities on our calendar. Quite honestly, I wouldn't have chosen some of these activities because I feel I'm just too busy right now to take them on. However, the Lord's plans are not always my plans. When I exhibit the Mistress of the Domain fallen aspect, I'd like to hide behind my busyness and "just say no" and to mark out my territory via "boundaries." However, these are worldly ways of dealing with life. If I call myself a Christian, then I should be more than willing to serve Christ by serving others.

So right now I'm fighting really hard not sit on the pity pot or let my anxiety level soar through the roof. If God's priorities were my priorities, there would be no problem, right?

No comments: