Sunday, November 6, 2011

Catching Up

This poor, neglected blog. Between weekends full of house guests, the biggest Macduff Reformation party ever, an unexpected couple of days spent with my parents and my hubby leaving town for a business trip, I've hardly had time to breath.

I was lamenting to a friend of mine last week how very disappointed I was that I wouldn't be able to create a household binder (full of homeschooling and chore schedules and procedures) for my Mistress of the Domain project in my 5 Aspects of Woman Bible study. I just didn't have time to do the amount of thinking and planning it would take to figure out how to better use my time (how ironic is that?).

My friend wisely pointed out that I had been working on my Mistress of the Domain project. She said my project had eternal benefits because it was God's planned project for me, not my own. So when I went to Bible study last Thursday evening, I didn't have a tangible project to share with the group, but I had a story to share. The story of how I've been giving my time to the people who fall within my domain.

There are only two things that are eternal in this world--God's Word and people. I've spent the better part of the last few weeks investing in people. Honestly, I wouldn't have had the strength for all that people investing had it not been for my time in the Word and all the dear friends I had praying me through this busy season of my life. God is good. He did provide for my every need, so that I could attend to the needs of others.

No comments: