Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful

Today I am thankful that I don't have to leave my house. I cleared the decks so that I could be HOME today. On the docket: Thanksgiving worksheets and pine cone turkey crafts for the kids, pumpkin pie and cranberry relish making for me.

After lunch, I'll continue reading The Landing of the Pilgrims to the kids and I might even get a nap, which would put this day over the top. We'll have our annual Mayflower Dinner tonight. I splurged this year and bought beef jerky instead of canned dried beef (that stuff is gross). My dad gave us some lovely king salmon that he caught up in Alaska a couple of months ago. I plan to add it to the potato chowder we'll have after we "disembark" the ship (the cold downstairs fruit room).

We'll be hitting the hay on the early side tonight. We've got plans to get Isaac on a better sleep schedule which will involve some tears for both Momma and Isaac, I'm sure. I'll be ever so thankful if that boy can start sleeping for a good chunk of time each night. My brain just might start rebooting and that would be grand.

No comments: