Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Stache Update

Joel has been wearing the mustache he received from his Aunt Julie for Christmas every day. He does take it off when he goes to bed at night. He occasionally takes it off to eat or drink. He wears it to church, to the store--everywhere. When his siblings ask Joel to play first thing in the morning, he says, "Just a minute. I have to get on my mustache and my cowboy hat." Since Joel wears his mustache all the time, he has a tan line across his face where the elastic sits.
Joel found himself to be quite popular at the homeschool conference this year. It seemed we could hardly walk a few feet before someone stopped to comment on Joel's stache. One lady stopped me as I was headed down the escalator with Joel and said, "Ma'm, I told my husband about your son yesterday. Do you mind if my husband sees your son's mustache? It's so cute! Does he wear it all the time?"
Once, when Daddy took him to Walmart, a real cowboy with a real mustache said to Joel, "Nice stache." On Monday, Daddy took Joel to Walmart again. The clerk told Matt that she was glad she had come to work, even though it was a holiday. It was all worth it, she said, just to see Joel in his mustache.

1 comment:

strawberry_kid said...

I love it that he loves it! Best gift I ever gave! Let me know when it wears out and I will knit him another.
~Julie