Thursday, November 8, 2012

Moola & The Mustache

This little mustachioed boy has cost us a lot of money this past month.  Breaking glass has become his new found talent.

A few weeks ago, he broke the back window of the van.  As in shattered into a thousand pieces broke.  He was mad at his big brother, threw a rock and missed his intended target.  I called every junk yard near & far looking for a replacement window.  It would have been easy to find had the glass not been heated.  My mechanic brother-in-law did an out-of-state search on the computer and couldn't find anything either.  Since we have no garage and the van must be parked outside, Matt and I decided the heated glass was a non-negotiable.  So we had the window replaced with a brand spanking new one.  Cha-ching!

This past Monday evening, Joel broke another piece of glass--the microwave turn table.  He was trying to help me by heating up my bean bag (a nightly ritual which provides sore muscle relief in my back).  When he dragged the bean bag out of the microwave, the glass tray came with it.  Once again, a thousand pieces.  We've been making due with a dinner plate, but that's not a long term solution.  I often put 9" X 13" pans in our microwave and a larger surface area is needed.  Matt ordered another turn table from Amazon.  They're certainly not giving those things away.

The microwave glass was truly an accident.  However, the van window was a result of Joel losing his temper, a problem we have been working on with him.  So Joel did have to do some extra chores for that one.  These certainly aren't the first problems we've had with boys and glass, and I'm sure they won't be the last.  Someday I'll look back and wish I still had a little boy around the house.  The truth is, I do love this guy to bits and mourn when I see how fast he is growing.  But I sure do hope his glass breaking talent will not be developed any further.  After all, shouldn't he allow his younger brothers a chance to hone their glass shattering skills?

No comments: