Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Beardless

Matt came home from work on my birthday back in January and disappeared into the bathroom.  He came out about twenty minutes later with a clean shaven face.  I was shocked, to say the least.  Matt started growing a beard right after Isaac was born.  I was never a big fan, but the rest of the family loved it.  My immediate reaction to his nice clean face was, "Oh! You look so much younger!" (Later I told him he looked liked the young man I married.)  He said,  "Well, I figured if I'm going to be a Daddy again, I'd better look the part."

By God's grace, we're expecting another little one--another boy to be exact.  Last week I had my twenty week ultrasound.  I was anxious.  I think with the difficulty I had last year, I was overly worried about the health of the baby.  However, as the ultrasound tech went over each part of the baby's anatomy, I marveled at the Lord's handiwork.  Each little vertebrae in the spine in its rightful spot, the radius and ulna bones already clearly seen, the stomach, the bladder, the brain.  Everything looked so good.  My doctor was very pleased and obviously, so are Matt and I.  The Lord be praised!  He is the Author and Creator of life and He has been very gracious to our family.
I think everyone was expecting this little one to be a girl.  I have to admit, even Matt and I thought that would be the case.  However, God had other plans and we trust in His sovereignty.  He is the One who chooses what children go in what families.  I'm pretty sure He's better at that than I am.  Our little guy was squiggling so much during the ultrasound that it wasn't until the very end that the tech got a good (albeit very quick) glance at his gender.  We have a picture to prove the fact.  As Matt and I headed out of the office, I said, "Well, at least you won't have to pay for another wedding, honey."  As for me, I'm getting used to dirt, rocks and sticks in my house.  I never though I'd say that, but it's true.  God works in mysterious ways. 

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,  to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.  Ephesians 3:20,21

No comments: