Thursday, March 21, 2013

Happy Birthday, Grandpa Tom!

Last Friday my parents were in town.  We celebrated my dad's birthday with a big dinner, cake, ice cream and gifts. My sister and niece joined us as well.  Lydia gave several hand made gifts to her Grandpa.  Actually, she was running a bit short on time and could only craft a card, so she gave him some pony bead creations that her older sisters and cousin made years ago.  We all got a good laugh from that.  It's the thought that counts, right?



My sister gave Dad a new golf vest.  He planned to wear it the very next day.  It's been a long winter sans golf, so my Dad is taking full advantage of the warmer spring weather these days.

My dad has requested that Grace take some pictures that he can hang up in his dental office.  We've been taking advantage of the online photo enlargement deals that have been posted on the coupon blogs.  We gave Dad two poster sized prints a couple of months ago.  We gave him an 11" X 14" enlargement of the barn on the family homestead for his birthday. I found a "barn wood" frame at Michaels in which to place it, so it turned out pretty neat.  A Happy Happy Birthday for Big Daddy (or Grandpa Tom, depending on how you're related).

No comments: