Friday, October 25, 2013

A House Full of Sailors

The day before yesterday,  Joel and Jude asked permission to float their Lego boats in my bath tub.  I granted them permission.  When I went into the bathroom about a half an hour later, I found Isaac all by himself.  He was standing in the bath tub, fully clothed, with the Veggie Tales Jonah Boat in his hands.




Even though the tub only had a couple of inches of water in it, Isaac was completely soaked, as was the toy boat.  The toy boat that was a gift from Grandma Dianne and has been a fixture in our house for nearly a decade.  The toy boat that has never even seen so much as a drop of water because it has been deemed by The Mama to be unseaworthy.  Wheels on the bottom of the vessel would indicate it is only meant to be on land.  Isaac is the Little Rajah, however.  In keeping with his position, he decided that the Jonah Boat should take her maiden voyage.  Of course he discovered that she is not seaworthy, but rajahs must discover these things for themselves and not just take their mother's word for it.



Yesterday, as the boat floating exploits continued, I went into my bathroom to discover this on the floor.




I threw up my hands in defeat.  I had been cleaning the house for hours, it was evening (my tired time), Matt and the big girls were gone and I was exhausted.


I took a picture and texted it to my sister and asked, "Is it normal to have rocks on your bathroom floor and in your bath tub?"


She texted back, "Well of course it's normal!  How else would you know that you're a princess?--duh."


I shot back, "Oh yeah. Right.  Forgot I'm a princess.  Something about Prince Charming being AWOL & all my servants, too."


Life with littles.  At least I can say it's never boring around here.

My little brother generously gifted his entire Lego collection to my kids a couple of years ago.  Stepping on little Lego pieces with my bare feet brings back old times, Jake :)      

1 comment:

strawberry_kid said...

Cute! Consider it science home school. They were learning about buoyancy. :) Isaac is really advance for his age!