Wednesday, May 6, 2015

A Quick Trip

The weekend before last, our family took a three day trip out of town.  We visited my grandmother, who is the last surviving grandparent between both Matt and myself.  She was so pleased to see all of the kids.  They were quite good all in all, thought the little boys had the bouncies after the long car ride to Grandma's retirement home.

We took a ferry ride, that is after we missed the first ferry by 2 minutes and then traveled another forty minutes to catch a different ferry.

We visited Trader Joe's where I did a major stock up on dark chocolate, sea salt, organic stevia and salsa verde.

Matt treated the family to Top Pot donuts.  I've read about these donuts in a couple of my foodie magazines, including Bon Appetite.  They definitely lived up to all of the hype.  Matt liked the salted caramel cake donuts the best.  Surprise, surprise.

In addition, we got to spend some quality time with friends and family.

While we were away, my sister and brother-in-law took care of Rachel.  My sister's chihuahua was not a fan of our big, energetic puppy.  But Rachel took no offense.  She made herself at home and even fell asleep in, or should I say on, the little dog's bed.  What a nut!


No comments: