Sunday, May 31, 2015

Farm Time

After church last Sunday, we loaded up and headed to my uncle's farm.  Grace and Matt both had Monday off, so we decided to make the trip an over-nighter.

My mom and dad joined us for dinner that night.  After they left, we took the kids, Rachel and Arie (my aunt and uncle's black lab) out to the farm.  We witnessed a gorgeous sunset and Rachel and the kids had a blast running free through acres and acres of land.  Poor Arie.  Rachel decided to be her personal trainer and made her exercise more than what she is used to.  Old doggies don't appreciate puppy antics.



The next day, Uncle Keith took Elizabeth for her first driving lesson.  Joel got to "drive" a telehandler.  Matt got to brainstorm with my uncle about farming dilemmas and I pretty much spent my time making sure no one got hurt.  Except I didn't do a very good job.  Isaac fell and split his chin open.
Thankfully, that teeny tiny town has a hospital.  So while Isaac and I got some one-on-one time with the doctor in the ER (who, quite frankly, seemed delighted to have something to do), Matt took the kids to the cemetery to attend a Memorial Day service.  Isaac was such a good little patient while getting four stitches that the nurse gave him a stuffed dog as we left the hospital.
We weren't five minutes out of town on the road home when six of the eight kids (and the dog) were completely conked out.  That's how you can tell you've had a good time on the farm.  Isaac gets his "whiskers" out tomorrow, which is a good thing because at his age, he doesn't want them.  He was quite sure I should have taken him to the pediatrician the day after he got sewn up to have the stitches removed.  "Mommy, I don't wike the bandaid.  I actwually feel better wifout it."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That Selah CD is one of my favorites!