Monday, February 18, 2008

Girls Day Out

I've been trying to spend some one-on-one mommy/daughter time with each of my older girls. Elizabeth had her turn a couple of weeks ago and last Saturday morning was Gracie's turn. We went to our favorite little restaurant for breakfast (the one we only get to go to once in a blue moon) and split the "kitchen sink" omelet. As the name implies, this omelet is packed with everything and I don't know of a man or beast who could eat the whole thing by themselves. While we were waiting for our food, I read aloud to her from a book on purity we've been working through. Then we headed to the hospital to visit Matt's 93 year old grandmother, who fell and broke her hip last week. She is an extremely active and intelligent woman and this mishap has more than put a crimp in her style. After having a nice visit with her, we headed to the fabric store to pick up some pretty pink fabric to cover the not-so-pretty black plastic bead risers I insisted on getting for Grace's bed so that she'd have more storage. I told Grace how proud her dad and I are of her, not for all the ways she helps us (she's my right hand girl), but for who she is becoming in Christ and for how much she loves her brothers and sisters and is so kind and patient with them (for the most part). On the way home Grace said, "Mom, that was way more fun than going to the mall." Not that she even knows what the mall is like because we go there less often than we go to our favorite little restaurant for breakfast, but it was still nice for this mommy to hear.

No comments: