Friday, March 7, 2008

The Big Rig


Here's our new car,ummm, bus. It's a 12-passenger van. Matt jokes that I'll need to get my CDL to drive it. Four car seats won't fit in the Suburban without major hassles. We'll be needing four car seats at the end of August as the sixth little Macduff is due to arrive about then. The Lord got us a good deal on this rig and we are thankful for His provision. I do have to admit I'm a bit sad about having to sell the Suburban. Actually, grief would better describe the way I've been feeling (yes, I know--it's called idolytry). It's the neatest car I've ever driven (with the exception of a 60's Malibu electric blue super sport, which is only in my dreams--doesn't accommodate six kids). Alas, Matt said the Suburban must go, but as a very wise man (himself a father of 8) who came to test drive it said, "A child is more of a blessing than a car." How right he is.

No comments: