Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend

We celebrated the Resurrection of our Lord with family this past weekend. We ate dinner with Matt's side of the family on Saturday night. Altogether, there were 28 in attendance. We even got a picture of the 15 grandkids. I sat at the "kids" table and had a nice conversation with my brother-in-law's oldest daughter. It's hard to believe our Ethiopian cousins have been here 2 years.
On Sunday morning, we ate a nice breakfast then headed to church--everyone in their Easter finery. I'm glad I've decided to fuss with hair ribbons and such only a couple of times a year. We have a hard enough time getting to church on time as it is. The picture below is one Matt took of the kids before church. Weren't we organized? Both Matt and I thought Pastor did a particularly good job of pointing people to the Risen Christ. He definitely has a heart for evangelism and it showed on Sunday.
We headed north to my uncle's farm after church for another Easter dinner with my side of the family. I spent the afternoon keeping Joel out of the Wii and big screen t.v. remotes (he knows all about electronics) and the guys had a ball at the annual "Easter Shoot." Paul shot the 410 and practiced skeet with his bolt-action rifle. As for Daddy, he said he wasn't able to hit the side of a barn, but that's o.k., because if one of the clay pigeons ended up getting away, Paul would say, "I got that one.":) A good time was had by all. Ten guys (and a gal), 10 guns and an automatic clay pigeon thrower--what's not to like?

No comments: