Monday, March 3, 2008

One Long Night

After an exhausting day of traveling to Odessa, loading up a U-Haul trailer, sharing Sunday dinner with family, then driving home, Matt and I were looking forward to a good night's sleep. It was not to be. At 2 a.m. Paul came in to our room to tell us he had thrown up in his bed. So we stripped the bed, got the washer going and put Paul in our room on the floor so we could monitor him. Suffice it to say, none of us slept much the rest of the night. Joel joined us at 6 a.m. and then Lydia not long after. We decided we'd just better get up and get the U-Haul unloaded. Before we got started, Paul said to Matt, "Daddy, I think I know why I'm sick. I think I caught that fly that's going around." (Paul had overheard me say that there's a bug going around.)

No comments: