Friday, November 7, 2008

Raising Boys

Raising boys is much different from raising girls. In some areas, they can be exact opposites. For instance, I've had to train all of my girls not to run through more clothes than necessary, as it generates too much laundry. I have the opposite problem with the boys. Case in point: Tonight Matt asked Paul when he last changed his underwear. "Last week," was Paul's reply. (After Matt and I questioned Paul a bit more, we discovered he'd "only been wearing his 'Dash' underwear since Sunday." :) In my defense, I've spent the week nursing six sick kids and now a sick husband and shouldering most of the housekeeping duties by myself. I'm usually more vigilant in the underwear department. In the meantime, I'm sure Paul has thoroughly enjoyed his reprieve from constant underwear harassment.)

1 comment:

strawberry_kid said...

Ummm. I have the opposite problem. My boy will change his uns 2 times a day, but I think he is down to only once a day now. It's my girls who need interrogation. They usually have half the number of uns in the laundry as the rest of us. Yuck! ~Julie K.