Thursday, March 5, 2009

Boys Will Be Boys

A few days ago, I left my half eaten yogurt on the kitchen counter to go downstairs to get something. When I came back upstairs I could not find my yogurt or my Joel Bob. I began calling for Joel, figuring I'd find my yogurt if I could find my boy. My calls were returned with silence. Then I thought to look under the kitchen table and found Joel quietly enjoying a mid-morning snack. I guess he figured it was a pretty good hiding spot for a covert operation as no big people ever go there.

Paul learned about William Wallace the other day. All day today Paul was educating me about him. "Did you know how tall William Wallace was?" "No." "As tall as this beam on the ceiling."

"Do you know his sword was this tall (points to a spot on the wall) and weighed sixty pounds? He had to carry it on his back because it was so heavy!" Ahhh, Mommy finally "got it." The garage sale Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sword that's been strapped to Paul's back the last few days suddenly made a lot more sense. Joel has a homemade sword made of sticks from the yard and the two brothers have been having their share of sword fights the last few days. Here Joel demonstrates how to repel an attacker:

No comments: