Thursday, April 2, 2009

My Week

This past week as a single mom, in addition to my normal duties and a few spring cleaning projects, I have:

*Cleaned the ginormous throw up mess of a 2 yr. old boy off of said boy and out of the many cracks and crevices of his car seat.

*Cleaned up a diaper explosion that went beyond just the clothing of above said boy to the family room carpet (right by where the baby was playing).

*Avoided a collision with a car that illegally turned onto a 70 mph interstate and crossed three lanes of traffic in order to exit the highway--right in front of me (Thank the Lord, I didn't have any of the kids).

*Hosted a four (out of the 5) night camp out in my bedroom for 4 of the 6 kids in order to assuage night time fears of the Boogie Man. One night I nursed the baby, while cuddling the other little boy, while reading a book with a small LED light (so as not to wake the others)--how's that for multi-tasking?

And after a week like this one, I plan on getting a nice, hot, long, solitary bath and maybe even a date with my hubby--or both! (But tonight we'll celebrate Daddy being home with a nicely set table, an Asian dinner, an extra chocolately cake and lots of hugs and kisses.)

No comments: