Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Out and About

This past weekend we traveled North to visit my Uncle Keith and Aunt Leanna. We got the guest house all to ourselves and it was quite a luxury. Grandpa Tom and Grandma Jane joined us for dinner Friday night and fishing on Saturday. I was tickled that I got to go to an estate sale on Saturday as well.

We also traveled out of town Sunday night to attend our second family integrated worship service. It's been good for us to make connections with other homeschooling families. I particularly have enjoyed visiting with the other mothers. Their faces radiate the love of Christ and they're always quick to share words of encouragement.


I think Farmer Uncle Keith has an unfair advantage in the green thumb department. His raised vegetable beds are something to behold. (I do know that he had a little help from Ed and Aunt Leanna.)
All the kids (including niece Raphaella) around the scarecrow. There's even a toilet in the garden--classy. Matt thought it rather unclassy, however, to post the picture of me sitting on it and since he's the picture uploader, that picture didn't make the cut.

My Uncle and Dad, enjoying a quiet evening by the ranch's pond.

My newly acquired set of 1940's silver, purchased for the price of what it would cost to replace one spoon. I've been looking for another set of silverware to use at the Seder and I was glad to get this one.
Uncle Keith snapped this picture of my boy--the cutest fisherman this side of the Missouri, if you ask me.
My dad went to all the work in setting up the kids for their first ever time fishing. He had octopus arms--keeping all the lines untangled, baiting hooks, removing hooks from the fish and just being a great Grandpa.
Here's Grace with her first catch. The pond is stocked with Blue Gills. We fried them up for lunch--pretty tasty. Lydia really chowed down.

No comments: