Friday, October 2, 2009

How Do I Love Thee. . .

Let me count the ways. . .
(Sixteen ways because sixteen years ago today I married the man I love)

1. I love how much you love Jesus.
2. I love the way you make me laugh.
3. I love the way you grab me and kiss me in the middle of the kitchen and send the kids scurrying in embarrassment.
4. I love the way you sing Nat King Cole's "Mona Lisa," substituting "Melissa" for "Mona Lisa."
5. I love to see you run across the yard with the kids--laughing hysterically as you chase a football or a chicken or a pig.
6. I love how you never complain about a lack of dinner or clean underwear.
7. I love that no matter how tired or busy you are, you always take the time to change a messy diaper.
8. I love how much you love to sing hymns.
9. I love that you're so good at math (because I'm not and sometimes its nice to have a human calculator around).
10. I love that you're always so patient when I ask you to explain something to me for the umpteenth time.
11. I love how you remember everything you read.
12. I love how you're always thinking deep theological thoughts.
13. I love that when I really need to go to WalMart, you're willing to go with me on date night even though you can't stand the place.
14. I love that you read the Bible to the kids.
15. I love how you work so hard to provide for the kids and me.
16. I love your hugs and the way you smell.

Happy Anniversary, my Matthew. God has been so gracious and faithful to us. Here's to another sixteen years and beyond!

No comments: