Sunday, January 17, 2010

Helpmeet Check Up

This past summer, I was blessed to be in a Bible study with my sister-in-law and a friend. We went through the book "Created to Be His Helpmeet," by Debi Pearl. We dug into God's Word and got His perspective on women and His beautiful plan for us to be helpmeets to our husbands. Even though the study has ended, the gals and I have been trying to get together every other month or so to take each others' "spiritual temperatures" in regards to how we are doing in the helpmeet department.

We had one of those get togethers the week before last. We asked each other about our attitudes and actions towards our husbands. We questioned each other about what we've been doing to help our husbands. We also confessed our mistakes and failures to each other and vowed to ask forgiveness from the Lord and from our husbands and then get back to the business of doing "God's work God's way."

The conversation the girls and I had over dinner that night gave me the inspiration to get an idea that had been rattling around in my head for awhile out of my brain and into action. Matt has been a huge blessing to me this past month. He's been a rock on which I could lean and as well as a comforter to me. I wanted to bless him in some tangible way--thus my idea.

My thought was to take a lunch to his place of work so that he could share it with his buddies and coworkers. Unfortunately, life got in the way and foiled my plans several times and I began to give up on the idea, but my night out with the gals gave me the impetus I needed to try again. Last week Grace and Elizabeth helped me get a lunch together to take to their Daddy at work.

Notwithstanding a cooking mistake which sent me frantically on a last minute run to the store, the girls and I were able to get a lunch of spaghetti pizza (my friend Julie's recipe), Caesar salad, garlic bread and Oreo ice cream cake to Matt's workplace. Everyone enjoyed the lunch and Matt was blessed, which was my intention from the beginning.

No comments: