Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Super Duper Shopping Trip

I've been "extreme couponing" for about six months now. I'm not as die hard a shopper as many of the gals I read about--I just don't have the time for it. However, every once in awhile, I walk away from the store having played the "game" pretty well and anyone who knows me knows I love to get a good deal.

Well, in December I walked out of Walgreens with a bounce in my step. I had even impressed a very hard to impress clerk with the deal I had put together, which I entered in a coupon blog contest. I didn't win, but I did get an honorable mention. Pretty neat for little ol' me. (P.S.--the one thing not mentioned on the blog was that I got back $7 in register rewards to use on my next shopping trip, so it was like they paid me $2.42 to take the stuff out of the store. :)

No comments: