Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cleanliness is Next to Godliness

Lydia has been spending a fair amount of time washing her little toy creatures lately. She even washed a stuffed hampster that she received for her birthday--three times. When I asked her why she has been washing her pets so much (and why she leaves puddles of water all over the bathroom) she responded, "I was just baptizing them, Momma."
Then Joel got in on the act, following his big sister's example. One day I saw that Joel's sleeves where wet. I just thought he must have gotten them wet while washing his hands. Then I went into my bathroom and saw the tell tale splashes of water all over the toilet and floor. "Did you put your hands in the toilet, Joel?" I asked. "Me was jus washin' mine nanimals, Momma," he replied.

No comments: