Monday, March 15, 2010

Why I Homeschool

Yesterday I was blessed to have three different conversations and times of prayer with my three oldest--all within the span of a couple of hours. All three of the children were humble before the Lord and He allowed me to see that the Holy Spirit is working in my children's hearts. What a blessing.

Sometimes I wonder if I've lost my mind in attempting this whole homeschool thing, but then the Lord shows me once again that I am doing what He has planned for our family. Last week I turned down the opportunity to work in a ministry outside of our home. Both the Lord and my husband said "no" when I brought the idea of serving in this capacity before them. For right now, my ministry is to be a help meet to my husband and a mother to my children. When I get harried with too many "good" activities that keep me from focusing my efforts on my two main ministries, then the "good becomes the enemy of the best." The time I spent with my children yesterday was confirmation that I made the right decision.

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." (Deut. 6:4-7).

No comments: