Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Rx: A New Cast for Joel

We took Joel for his post-op appointment this morning. The x-ray showed that his femur bone is not aligned correctly and he will need a new cast. Joel was really swollen when his cast was put on a week ago and after he lost all the fluid he was retaining, the cast was no longer tight enough to hold the bone in place. The doctor originally said he wouldn't be able to redo the cast until Friday. This news was very disappointing to Matt and myself as we were still planning to make our long awaited trip to the Christian home school conference this weekend. These conferences serve as a yearly dose of encouragement to us to "keep on keeping on" down this narrow path the Lord has chosen for us. I began praying that the Lord would make the way straight. Then the doctor came back in the room and said he had scheduled the OR for tomorrow morning at 7 a.m. Praise God! We should be released from the hospital by late afternoon. The upside of all of this is that Joel will get a new CLEAN cast, which will hopefully stay clean a bit longer now that his Mom and Dad have figured out some trouble-shooting measures to prevent diaper area problems.
I will also have my ultrasound tomorrow. It will be an extended ultrasound because I'm of "advanced maternal age." I've been a little on edge about it and I had hoped Matt could be with me, but he'll have to be with Joel in the hospital. Yet I know that Lord will provide for all my needs as I'm worth much more to Him than many sparrows (Lk. 12:7)
The Lord blessed me today through my sister-in-law, Jessica. She took care of my kids during Joel's appointment AND picked up my house while I was gone. Since my schedule is no longer what I had planned for this week, it was a relief to have that item off of my list. God is good.
As I was resting this afternoon, I began to pray and this hymn began to play in my mind:
All glory, laud and honor to Thee, Redeemer, King, to whom the lips of children
made sweet hosannas ring. Thou art the King of Israel, Thou David's royal son, who in
the Lord's name comest, the King and Blessed One.
All glory, laud and honor to Thee, Redeemer, King, to whom the lips of children
made sweet hosannas ring. Thou didst accept their praises; accept the prayers we
bring, Who in all good delightest, Thou good and gracious King.

No comments: