Monday, July 7, 2008

God Answers Prayer

One of the major disappointments for the kids in moving to this house has been the fact that they had to leave their play set behind at the old house. I have been praying fervently that the Lord would provide a new play set for them--at a price we could afford.

A week and a half ago, I checked Craigslist. Lo and behold, I found a play set. The listing had only been up for one hour. I called Matt and work and told him to check it out. He thought it looked good and the price was right. Matt called the guy and he said, "First come, first serve. Who ever gets me the money first gets it."

It was late afternoon, so Matt finished up a few things at work, stopped at the bank to get some cash, then came home to pick me up. We drove the twenty minute drive to the man's house and he still had the play set. We inspected it, decided it was in good condition and worth the price (especially after he told us how much he had paid for it new). We told him we couldn't pick up the play set until the weekend. He said that was fine and asked, "Would you mind if I start to disassemble it for you?" No, we didn't mind.

Matt picked it up that weekend and this past weekend he and Colton finished re-assembling it. The kids are really enjoying the swings, monkey bars and look out tower. This place is finally starting to feel like home.

No comments: