Thursday, May 28, 2009

Lydia's Adventure

Last night Matt and I went on a date. My cell phone rang as soon as we got to the restaurant which is about a five minute drive from our house. Grace asked, "Did you take Lydia with you?"

"No, we didn't. You'd better find her and call me as soon as you do," I said.

Not five minutes later I got the call--Lydia was safe and sound, but a bit shaken. She had locked herself in the chicken house. She was in there for less than ten minutes, but she got a good scare.

"Mom," Grace said, "she went in through the big door, crawled out through the chicken hatch, locked the big door, then crawled back in through the chicken hatch when it slammed down behind her. Elizabeth went outside yelling for her and found her."

Then I heard Lydia in the background. "Gracie, be sure and tell her about the crying part!"

No comments: