Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Confession

Last night we watched fireworks from what has become our traditional viewing spot. Our friends, Tom and Eleanor, have a panoramic view of both of the big fireworks shows in town from their lawn. They graciously invited us to partake of the fun again last night.

Half way through the show, I heard Lydia say, "I'm tired, can we go home?" I glanced over and saw her laying on the blanket on her belly, one eye barely open enough to try to keep up with the action in the sky. I knew she was really tired because "confessing" you're tired when you're a kid is almost unthinkable.

When the show was over, we packed into the van. Before we left the driveway we noticed that Lydia had already fallen asleep. She had taken the car travel pillow, which normally attaches to the head rest and strapped it around her head instead. We all got a good laugh--pretty darn cute.

This morning when we woke up, I asked Lydia how she liked the fireworks last night. "They we good, but I was pretty tired," she said.

No comments: