Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hard Day for a Little Boy

It's so hard to be a little boy, especially when what you want most in the world is to keep up with your older brother and sisters and do everything they do. This afternoon the four older kids talked me into letting them watch a "Veggie Tales" movie in the family room during quiet time. I gave the "o.k." with strict instructions that no one was to get out of their chairs/off the couch for one full hour, otherwise the movie would be stopped and quiet time would resume in their bedrooms, per our usual routine.

Joel heard all of this, so when I picked him up to take him to his crib for his nap, he screamed. Tears, tears and more tears. He wanted so much to partake of all the fun with the big kids, but I knew he needed a nap. Joel knows how to get out of his crib by climbing onto his dresser (which is right by his crib) and then climbing down to the floor. I told Joel not to get out of his crib before I left the room.

I poked my head into Joel's room to check on him about five minutes later. Apparently he had defied my orders and gotten out of his crib, but he hadn't gotten very far. I found Joel sitting on top of his dresser--sound asleep.

No comments: