Sunday, July 4, 2010

Grace's Testimony

Here is the journey of faith that Grace shared with the Pastor, elders, parents and other confirmands a week ago Saturday, the day before she was confirmed:

God has taught me so many things these past few years. As I tell of some of these to you my prayer is that you would see not anyone but Jesus in all of it.

Four years ago when I was ten, God wanted me to submit to my father and let him teach, guide and protect me. This was not something I wanted to do but God changed my heart.

Since then, God has showed me that I am so much happier and content with my life in comparison to when I wasn’t trusting my Daddy. God used this as a foundation because when I started listening to my father, God used him to teach me about being a daughter, homeschooling, modest dress, private study of God’s Word and life in general.

Two years ago, I had the privilege of taking a Bible study on biblical femininity. Through this Bible study God helped me grasp a better understanding of how women are created and what their roles are. Woman was created to glorify man and man to glorify God. (1Cor.11:7) All women are life givers who constantly pour life out of themselves to others, like water poured out of a pitcher. Because of this, woman must have life poured into her. If she wants to be a good life giver, she must be filled with the Water of Life, who is Jesus. The way she must get the Water of Life is by private prayer and study of God’s Word. God wanted me to make prayer and private study of Scripture part of my life. It was a battle at first, and it still is, but I have found more joy and peace and strength with Jesus, than with anything else that I could be doing at that time of the day.

God is still in my life and teaching me today. Just while I was writing this paper God showed me some idols that I needed to repent of and he has taught some new truths.

One of those truths is that because we are not battling flesh and blood, but Spiritual forces. We must continually be in prayer. “Devote yourselves to prayer being watchful and thankful.” Col 4:2

Also, God has shown me that I need to be content- “for Godliness with contentment is great gain.” 1 Tim 6:6

In trials and tribulations Jesus has been with me and has taught me many things. In the days and years to come Jesus will teach me so much more than I ever could imagine.

No comments: