Thursday, December 23, 2010

Snacks for Dinner

This past Saturday night we had snacks for dinner, which we ate in the family room while watching the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life." We had salami, baked brie (sans the puff pastry--for the pregnant mama), roasted garlic, cheese, crackers, Doritos, grapes homemade caramel corn (thanks to my friend Julie who supplied me with the lost recipe at the very last minute), Whitman chocolates from our neighbor and plenty of sparkling cider. The evening commenced with Paul offering a toast "to our second annual snacky dinner!" (Last year was the beginning of this new tradition for our family.)

Everyone got to eat anything they wanted (well, except me). Joel and Jude loaded up on grapes, Doritos and sparkling cider ("more jue plea," Jude kept saying). I ate more than my fill of brie and garlic and suffered from my lack of restraint all night long--major indigestion. Most of us cried (again) at the end of the movie. We are so blessed and would do well to remember it more often.

No comments: